Enter your email in the space below to receive an update every time I publish a new post!

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pre-Departure Orientation in New York (and other random updates)

In about a half an hour I leave for JFK Airport where I'll fly to London and then Accra. I arrived in New York yesterday and then last night and today were spent doing orientation activities and icebreakers. This is my third orientation so far, and I will have three more throughout my year in Ghana. My first two orienatations - in Denver and DC in February and June - were put on by the YES Abroad program, whereas this orientation was by AFS. AFS facilitates the Ghana program for YES Abroad students, so from here on out they will be our primary organization for meetings and other organizational stuff. Regardless of what group has hosted it, I have been extremely impressed with every orientation so far. They put us up at super nice hotels, pay for our travel there and back, and serve us delicious catered or restaurant food throughout our time there.
My schedule for the next few weeks is a 4 day orientation in Accra, meeting my host family, 1-3 weeks free, then school starts. I don't have enough time now but in my next post I'm going to try to provide links to the other YES Abroad students' blogs and previous exchange students in Ghana's blogs.
Also I added a thing at the top where you can get updates via email. Sign up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment